Tuesday 15 October 2013

Newton's Third Law

Newtonian physics, a world of wonder for the young physicists of our age. "For every action there is an opposite reaction." said the physicist. For example, when a truck hits a car, the car moves back. There was a reaction to the truck. However, the law is interesting in a different way. Let's think of this carefully. Okay. So this one day, I was walking in the cemetery, full of wondrous hope and looking around to appreciate the beauty of nature and life. However, I saw a little girl crying over the grave. Since for every action, there is an opposite reaction, I understood that my happiness made the young child sad. Because sad is the opposite of happy. This law is what we scientists like to call Newton's third law of Emotion. For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. Another example is when I stole cookies from the cookie jar. My sister no longer had cookies to eat. My joy brought her grief. Therefore, we can conclude that this law does prove true. Science does it again. We should all celebrate the ideas of one of the greatest physicists that ever lived, Newton. Actually, I'm celebrating. You should all mourn, I don't need you making me sad.

5 comments:

  1. "For every reaction there is an opposite reaction..."
    That's NOT what 3rd law says

    "For example, when a truck hits a car, the car moves back."
    Not an example of 3rd law.

    "However, I saw a little girl crying over the grave. Since for every action, there is an opposite reaction, I understood that my happiness made the young child sad. Because sad is the opposite of happy."
    I think the dead person in the grave made the little girl sad, not his happiness. Happiness doesn't make people sad? WTF Is this!

    "Another example is when I stole cookies from the cookie jar. My sister no longer had cookies to eat. My joy brought her grief. Therefore, we can conclude that this law does prove true. Science does it again."
    LOL you take cookies from a cookie jar and somehow "science" proved Newton's law of emotion?

    Since when does science ever interact with "emotion"? This hurts to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good start, strongly disagree with some of the statements though! I would recommend to make them either a bit more realistic according to real science, or make them more on the funny side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DesertSeagull:

    Pepper your angus, I'm going in raw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why on earth would you try to appreciate nature's beauty at a cemetery? I could think of better places, lol, I dunno a park, a forest... Anyway to each their own.
    About the crying girl... she wasn't crying because you were happy, she was crying over the person she lost. It had nothing to do with you or you being happy. Otherwise everything else was okay, and nice blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should have just done a bit more research before posting this.. I get the gist of what you are saying, however.. but unfortunately I don't think it's correct :/

    The law applies to things with physicality, and has nothing to do with emotions. It is saying "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." That means if you push on something, it's going to move. I am having a hard time seeing how you tied emotions into a law about PHYSICS.. not PSYCHOLOGY. Same root, completely different meanings/areas of expertise. Good try though (:

    ReplyDelete